Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rupert & Laura: Grizzly Eyes


Catch that whiff of patchouli in the air? It must mean that the tie-dyed hirsute fellow and his wife are up next. Meet Rupert and his wife, Laura. Grizzly (Rupert) is one of those players that you either love or hate. In the beginning, I loved him. By the end of Heroes v. Villains I wanted to strangle him with his tank top. He went from jovial and good-natured to entitled and bossy. In an effort to achieve tribal harmony, he'd demand team building exercises and empowerment conferences. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Let's see what incarnation of Grizzly we'll get this time. Please to enjoy:



I am conflicted. I want to roll my eyes and shake my head like a dissatisfied curmudgeon, but I find myself drawn to Grizzly's crazy wide eyes. They are terrifying and intriguing all at the same time. On the one hand, I think the childlike platitudes are an act, but, on the other hand, I can envision motivational quips scrawled in crayon on the walls of his house. What a conundrum indeed! And, you know what? Kudos to them for getting in shape. Perhaps along with his new physique, we'll get a new Grizzly game philosophy - one not rooted in togetherness. Only time will tell.

So, what do you think about Grizzly and Laura? Will Grizzly be kinder and gentler or will he pull his Tony Robbins act again? Comment it out bitches and have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I live in Indiana and Rupert ran for Governor last year as a Libertarian. He didn't even come close to winning, but got a lot more votes than other Libertarians in the past. He does a lot for the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Rupert is playing for himself, like he says it's Lsura's turn but I don't see her getting anywhere deep, in fact I would not be shocked to see her be RI's first visitor this season. Rupert on the other hand may go to the merge but he will never ever win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved, loved, loved Rupert Version One. Versions two and three, not so much. He's still my favorite all time, and he and Laura may go far if he can tone down the crazy just a bit. Eyeballs do not need to pop out of your head to emphasize every statement Rup. Really.

    ReplyDelete